With your wedding veil in hand, you may be finding it challenging to attach the veil to your head using the bridal comb attached to the veil. Since most veils require the use of a bridal comb, with some practice leading up to the wedding, you should have the hang of wearing the bridal comb by the day of your wedding.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- A hair comb with the wedding veil attached to it
- Hair clips (optional)
Choose a wedding hairstyle. Practice hairstyles on your own or with a professional hairdresser until you decide how you're going to wear your hair on the day of your wedding.
Practice placement of the comb. Depending on your wedding day hairstyle, you'll either need to place the bridal comb in your hair on the top or back of your head. Do some practice placement of the bridal comb while your hair is styled the way you'll be wearing it on your wedding day.
Slide comb into hair at the top or back of head. With updo hairstyles you can choose to slide the comb into the hair on the top or back of your head. Slide the comb into your hair so that the teeth of the comb are facing toward the back or the bottom of your head.
Push and secure the comb in place. Push the teeth of the comb into your hair until the hair covers all of the teeth on the bridal comb and the veil covers the bridal comb. For a more secure placement, you can insert the teeth of the bridal comb at an angle, rotate the comb backwards after the comb is in your hair and hold it in further place, if necessary, with hair clips.
Tips and warnings
- The bridal comb that comes with your wedding veil is more functional than decorative because its sole purpose is to attach the veil to your head.
- The advantage of using a bridal comb to attach the veil to your head is that you can easily remove the veil after the ceremony.
- Decorative bridal combs can be used as hair adornments. These types of bridal combs can be combined with a wedding veil or worn in lieu of a wedding veil.
- Decorative bridal combs are commonly worn on the side -- one comb on each side of the head.
- If you're wearing your hair down, you may need to help secure the bridal comb and veil with hair clips.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for