Learn how to remove the inner collar from a leaky bathtub faucet by watching this series of free home improvement videos from our home repair expert.
in this video clip we'll be removing the inner collar. Our inner collar pieces are these two white pieces that are located around this black center. Now this black center area that's where the knob went on and actually turn the water on and off from this right here. So technically if you we're to have the water on you just turn this the water will flow. What we need to do is go ahead and remove these two pieces. To remove these we need to go ahead unscrew these as well, now these can be in there very tight and sometimes they can be very hard to get a hold of. So if your having trouble getting these off go ahead and use a towel for additional grip until you get that loosen. And then that as well will screw off all the way.
- Leaky Bathtub Faucet Repair Evaluation
- Removing the Spout from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Installing the Spout in Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Installing the Stems for Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Installing the Stem Seat for a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Removing the Stem from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Removing the Stem Seat from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Removing the Collar from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Shutting Off a Leaky Bathtub Faucet