The Lord's Prayer, also known as the Our Father, is an important and widely known prayer. As one of the most recognised prayers, the Lord's Prayer is not only recited within the prayers of the rosary, but also on it's own regularly. Similar to the concept of a rosary, a Lord's Prayer bracelet can be used solely for the Lord's Prayer, and can be made fairly easily.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Jewellery line or wire
- Two different colours of smaller beads
- One large decorative bead, or Lord's Prayer bead
- Needle nose pliers
- Bracelet clasp
Take the jewellery wire and cut a piece to fit your wrist with a little gap, leaving one, to one-and-a-half inches at the beginning and end.
Attach one end of the clasp to the wire. Using needle nose pliers for the wire, twist it around the end of the clasp to ensure it is secure. If using jewellery line secure it with two knots. Trim off the extra with scissors.
Choose the beads for your bracelet and lay them out on a towel, in the order you would like them on the bracelet. Begin threading the beads. Use half of your beads, alternating one colour and then the other. Once this is done include the Lord's Prayer bead.
Finish threading the remaining beads, again, alternating colours, following the line you laid out earlier. Secure the end of your bead design with a knot and attach the clasp, trimming off any extra.
Tips and warnings
- You may simply use a large, decorative bead for the Lord's Prayer bead, or you may include one that is specifically inscribed with the prayer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for