An odango hairstyle is a form of pigtails with buns and was popularised by Japanese anime and manga characters like Sailor Moon. A "dango" is a type of Japanese dumpling, which is similar in shape to the buns in the odango hairstyle.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 4 hair elastics
- Hair clips (optional for hold)
Part hair down the centre. Comb each section upward onto the top of the head and secure into two ponytails with elastics.
Hold lengths of the hair upward and twist the lengths toward the part three to four times. The direction of the twist should be counterclockwise for the right ponytail and clockwise for the left ponytail.
Place your thumb and forefinger of one hand next to the hair elastic. Twist the length of the ponytail around your thumb and forefinger once.
Grasp the length of the hair with your thumb and forefinger. Pull length trough the hair that was twisted around your fingers, creating a large smooth knot.
Tighten the knot around the hair elastic by pulling the lengths of the hair with one hand and pushing the knot tightly toward the scalp with the other. Place a hair elastic on the length of the hair just below the bun for hold.
Repeat on other ponytail. Add hair clips to the knot for hold and gently comb out remaining lengths of hair.
Tips and warnings
- Odango buns work best on straight or slightly wavy hair. If you have curly hair, you may want to straighten your hair beforehand to avoid tangling and frizz.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for