There are many unique ways to create fairy or angel wings, some requiring a good amount of money and artistic talent. Making a pair of wings doesn't have to be a difficult or expensive endeavour. Whether you are planning a birthday party or a Halloween costume, a few simple supplies can make budget-friendly paper wings that will satisfy even the most demanding little fairies and angels.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Large paper grocery sack
- Crayons or markers
- Large safety pin(s)
Cut the brown paper bag down one side and across the bottom so it becomes one large piece of paper. Fold the bag in half.
Draw your fairy or angel wing onto the bag starting at the fold. The folded edge will be the middle and narrowest part of the wings.
Cut out the wing, taking care not to cut the folded side. Open the bag into a pair of wings connected in the middle.
Decorate the wings with crayons, markers, glue and glitter. For a softer look, decorate angel wings with feathers or cotton balls that have been pulled apart.
Allow the wings to dry completely. Attach the wings to a costume or clothing with large safety pins.
Tips and warnings
- If making the wings is a birthday party activity and you are on a tight schedule, consider decorating with butterfly or flower stickers instead of glue and glitter. The guests can make them and wear them without worrying about wet glue.
- If you are not sure how to draw the wings, practice on scrap paper. Create a pattern and trace it onto the bag.
- When using paper grocery sacks, keep the decorations to a minimum. Too much glitter and glue can weigh them down causing them to rip. For a sturdier set of wings, fold a piece of poster board in half and follow steps 2-5.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for