Singer-songwriter Demi Lovato usually wears her hair parted in the middle with heavy fringe, which are cut in a slightly-wispy style, straight across the tops of her eyebrows. Bangs should always be cut while the hair is dry. Wet hair hangs longer, and if you cut your fringe while they are wet, you may end up with shorter fringe than you want. Start with freshly-washed and dried hair and a good, sharp pair of scissors.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Stand or sit in front of a well-lit mirror. Comb your hair in your usual manner. Demi Lovato usually parts her hair in the middle, or slightly off to one side.
Take all the hair that you don't want to cut into fringe, and clip it up with hair clips. Demi Lovato usually has fairly heavy fringe. To determine the hair that needs to be cut, comb your hair over your face, and take the hair from the outside of your eyes for the fringe. Clip everything else up.
Hold your fringe in front of your face using your index and middle fingers. Gently pull the fringe and make upward snips with your scissors. Cut them longer than you think you need to, you can go back and trim them again, to get them the correct length.
Take the rest of your hair down and see if the fringe are the correct length and fullness. If not, repeat the steps again.
Tips and warnings
- If you're not sure how much to cut, then cut small amounts of hair at a time. You can always cut more to make your fringe more full like Demi's.
- Avoid cutting your fringe straight across. Instead, make small, upward snips.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for