Every woman with fine hair wants extra volume from time to time. In the past, women achieved the "big hair" effect with the aid of rollers. Today, shampoos, conditioners, mousse and gel products can help obtain volume. Hair mousse, in particular, can give your hair style volume as long as you use the product properly and then blow-dry your hair to maximise the effect.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hair dryer
Wash your hair and while it is still damp, shake the can or aerosol spray of mousse well. Disperse two or three small balls of mousse into the palm of your hand.
Work the mousse throughout your hair. Pay particular attention to the roots by parting your hair with a comb and working a small amount of mousse into the roots. Keep parting and applying the mousse into the roots.
Comb your hair through from crown to tips to make sure all your hair is coated.
Reapply another mousse ball or two to your crown once you have dried it if you feel that your hair needs more volume. Give your hair another blast with the hair dryer.
Tips and warnings
- Your mousse balls should be about the size of hazelnuts.
- Blow dry your hair with your hair upside down with a rounded brush if you are aiming for a lot of volume.
- You need more mousse than you probably think you do so do not be timid when applying or you will not get the volume you want.
- Concentrate on the roots and not the ends of your hair, as they can become limp and greasy if you apply too much product to this area.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for