Regardless of the cause, thinning hair can be prove to be an embarrassing experience. However, countless studies have been performed to determine the best way to stimulate new follicle hair growth. There are numerous products, methods and surgeries available and studies have proven which ones are most effective. Most importantly, consider is that hair loss normally begins in the temples. Thus, in order to stimulate new follicle hair growth effectively and stop further thinning or loss of hair, acting fast is crucial and treat the temple area at the first signs of hair loss.
Treat your hair well. This means not braiding your hair tightly and avoiding over processing and over combing your hair. Also avoid using shampoo that contains sodium lauryl sulphate, which is harmful to the skin and hair follicle.
Massage the temple area every day. This increases circulation to the scalp and encourages hair to grow. Using rosemary, coconut, lavender, and Castor oil while performing the massage will increase the benefits further encouraging hair growth and reducing dry skin and dandruff.
Determine the cause of hair loss in the temple area. If the hair loss is due to androgenic alopecia, or male pattern baldness, there are a numerous products available that have been proven to slow down or stop hair loss. Some of these are Finasteride, commercially sold as Propecia, Minoxidil, commercially sold as Rogaine, and ketoconazole, sold in Nizoral Shampoo.
Take vitamins. Eating a healthy diet and making sure to get plenty of Vitamins B, C, and E will stimulate scalp circulation and encourage healthy hair growth.
- NCBI; Ketoconazole shampoo: effect of long-term use in androgenic alopecia ; Piérard-Franchimont C, De Doncker P, Cauwenbergh G, Piérard GE; 1998
- Hair Loss Talk: Nizoral Shampoo the foundation of hair loss treatment
- American Hair Loss Association: Treatment
- Hair Loss Expert; Can Scalp Massage Stimulate Hair Growth; Judy Ehrhardt; June 2011
- Black Women Beauty Central: Thinning Temple Area
- Frontal Hair Loss: Introduction and Overview