How to bring your hairline forward
Alex Livesey/Getty Images Sport/Getty Images
For men of a certain age, the state of your hairline can be something of a worry. A receding hairline is something that cannot be combated with normal techniques such as shampoo and creams. The reversal of a receding hairline involves finding an advancement procedure.
Manchester United and England footballer Wayne Rooney has famously undergone hair advancement treatments. Different procedures are available at different prices, and can only be carried out by highly skilled professionals.
- For men of a certain age, the state of your hairline can be something of a worry.
- A receding hairline is something that cannot be combated with normal techniques such as shampoo and creams.
Make a decision on whether you actually want to undergo a procedure to bring your hairline forward. There are things that can be done to change the appearance of your hairline without actually having a procedure. A prime example is the Micro Hair Technique. This works by pricking your forehead with needles. These needles contain a pigment coloured to match your skin and hair. Although no hair actually grows, this does give the appearance of a fuller hairline.
Conduct research into what types of procedures are available, if that is what you decide to do. One option is a hair transplant, which involves hair removed from the back of the head being carefully grafted onto the front. Another option is the hairline advancement treatment, which involves a surgeon making an incision into the forehead and physically bringing the hairline forward, giving the impression of a shortened forehead.
Compile a list of clinics and surgeons in your area that perform the kind of procedure you are looking for. Conduct research on them online. Look for reviews, testimonials, certification and credentials to help you determine which one would be the best choice for you.
- Conduct research into what types of procedures are available, if that is what you decide to do.
- Look for reviews, testimonials, certification and credentials to help you determine which one would be the best choice for you.
Schedule an appointment with your chosen clinic or surgeon. Ask questions that need to be answered such as what you will actually go through during the procedure, how long it will take, the amount of time off work you will need, the cost of it and insurance requirements. They should also have photos of previous patients who have undergone similar procedures, giving you some idea of the results you should be seeing. If everything is suitable for your needs then you can go ahead an book an appointment to get your hairline moved.
- Hairline treatments are costly, so it is important to have plenty of money saved up to pay for any procedures.
- Conduct extensive research on clinics and surgeons, ensuring that you have the information with which to make the best decision for you.
Tom Harrison has a Bachelor of Arts in journalism from the University of Central Lancashire and has been an online writer since 2011 with work featured on a number of travel and motoring blogs. He draws upon a number of interests and passions, chief among which sport, nature and travel, following a stint in South America.