Classic, versatile and worn by all hair types and textures, the ponytail is always in style. It can be worn for day or night and is a fairly easy look to attain. If you have side fringe that complement your current hairstyle, they will do the same for a ponytail. Adding a playful touch and framing the face, side fringe give a classic look to a ponytail. This style look only takes a few easy steps to achieve.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Ponytail holder
- Hair clips
Begin with hair that is a little dirty or that hasn't been washed immediately prior to styling. Dirtier hair holds style better and has a bit more sheen from the hair's natural oils.
Comb fringe over to the side they typically lay on and secure them with a hair clip to ensure they do not become part of the ponytail or create any bumps or stray hairs that will appear messy or out of place.
Brush out hair and gather at the spot where you would like your ponytail to sit. If you would like a lower ponytail, gather at the nape of the neck. If you want to don a high ponytail, gather at the middle of the back of the head. Secure with a ponytail holder.
Run fingers through or use a comb to ensure that all lumps are pushed down and hair is smooth. Spray hair to make sure that there are no stray hairs and so that lumps do not appear.
Undo fringe from the hair clip and style across forehead as you normally would. Spray lightly with hairspray so they stay in place. Secure any loose hairs with hair clips.
Tips and warnings
- If you would like a light curl in your pony, use a curling iron or twirl hair around fingers lightly and spray with hairspray.
- In addition to a comb, a large brush with a lot of thin bristles will help smooth out any bumps on the crown of the head.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for