Nortel's Business Communication Manager 50, or BCM50, contains a variety of features for managing voice and data messages The BCM50 is configured through the CallPilot Web interface. One of the features the BCM50 includes is auto attendant. Auto attendant automatically answers incoming calls and plays prerecorded messages. You can schedule different messages to play at different times of day. For example, the auto attendant can play a different message outside of normal business hours or on holidays.
- Skill level:
Locate the BCM50's IP address using a telephone. Press "Feature" and "9*8" on the phone's keypad. Enter "Setnna" on the keypad when it asks for a user name, then press "OK." Enter "Config" on the keypad when it asks for a password. Press "Ok." Press "Next" until "IP Address" appears on the phone's screen. Press "OK" and read the IP address off the screen.
Type "http://[BCM50 IP Address]/CallPilotManager" into your Web browser's address bar, replacing "[BCM50 IP Address]" with the IP address of your BCM50 device.
Log in by typing your user ID and password into the "User ID" and "Password" boxes and clicking "Submit."
Click the "Auto Attendant" heading at the left side of the Nortel CallPilot Manager page.
Click the "Greeting Tables" link under the "Auto Attendant" heading and click the "Change" link next to the greeting table you want to modify.
Modify the morning, afternoon, evening and non-business start times for each day. Do this by typing start times into the boxes to the right of the day's name. For example, if you want the morning greeting to start playing at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, and the afternoon greeting to begin at 1 p.m. type "8:00 AM" in the first box to the right of "Tuesday" and "1:00 PM" to the right of the second box. If your business is closed completely that day, type "12:00 AM" into the "Non-Business" box for that day and the non-business greeting will play all day.
Click the "Submit" button.
Tips and warnings
- Record greetings by clicking the "Company Greetings" link under the "Auto Attendant" header, clicking the "Record" link next to the greeting you want to record and following the instructions on your screen. You can record greetings from your computer or using a telephone.
- Add holidays with special auto attendant schedules by clicking the "Holidays" link under the "Auto Attendant" header, clicking the "Add" button, entering the required information on the "Holiday Setup" screen and clicking "Submit."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for