Realplayer is a media player application available for Windows and Mac OS that is a free alternative to first-party media players such as Windows Media Player and QuickTime. Realplayer is compatible with a variety of media formats such as AVI, MPEG, DVDs, WMV and MOV. Realplayer offers a variety of video playing options including running videos in slow motion.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Video file
Launch Realplayer and click "Now Playing."
Click "File," "Open," "Browse" and search your hard drive for the video file you want to play, select it and click "Open." The video will launch in Realplayer.
Click the "Play" menu, point to "Slow Motion" and then click "Increase." The video will play in slow motion. Repeat this step two times to increase speed from 1/16 to 1/2 speed. You can also hold down the "Control" and "Alt" keys and then press F4 to activate slow motion.
Click the "Play" button to resume normal speed.
Tips and warnings
- Some video files may not play well when set to play in slow motion.
- Realplayer may not offer slow-motion playback for certain video file formats (the slow-motion options may be greyed out.).
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for