People with naturally curly hair can take advantage of their natural texture to fashion a coily, Bohemian afro. If someone has straight hair, styling this curly hairdo will take some work, but it is possible to do. This is a carefree hairstyle that can be worn by children and adults. Whether your hair is naturally inclined to curl or whether you need tools and techniques to style it, a curly Bohemian afro is simple to achieve.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Curl-enhancing shampoo
- Setting lotion (optional)
- Rat-tail comb
- Small magnetic rollers (optional)
- Hood dryer (optional)
Shampoo hair with curl-enhancing shampoo if needed. This isn't necessary for people with naturally curly hair.
Style hair while wet or damp. Apply setting lotion over the entire head and comb through.
Begin at the back of the hair and roll small sections of hair onto rollers, using clips to hold them in place.
Allow hair to air dry or sit under a hooded dryer until hair is completely dry.
Remove rollers and use rattail comb to backcomb each section of hair. This helps to create an afro texture.
Tips and warnings
- People with tight curls may not need to set and roll their hair. They can simply shampoo it, condition it and allow it to air dry.
- Avoid using petroleum-based products on the hair. These heavy products tend to attract dirt and lint.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for