Dating can be tricky for women, especially if you are a woman who has not been single for awhile. When you find a guy that you are interested in, it's important not to be too forward, so as not to scare him away. There are certain techniques that are known to be more successful than others when approaching a guy and showing interest that will not intimidate him. Above all, make sure to be yourself, smile and be confident about who you are.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Refrain from sharing information that is too personal. Guys do not want to know about your gross habits or how you have a problem paying your bills on time. If you want to show a guy that you are attracted to him, make yourself attractive as well.
Invite him out on a casual date. Ask him to a sporting event or concert. These types of activities provide an environment where guys can relax and be themselves. Avoid asking him to do things that would make you seem too forward, such as sharing a romantic four-course dinner or going for a weekend trip with you to your favourite spa. Save these dates for later on in the relationship.
Use social networking sites like Facebook or MySpace to your advantage. Add your guy as a friend and contact him. Post friendly messages on his wall. Communicating with him through sites like these will keep the conversation casual, but will show that you are interested in him.
Tips and warnings
- Go on a double date with another couple, if you want to keep things casual. Group dates take the focus off of individual couples, making for a more relaxed evening for everyone involved.
- Do not try building your confidence by drinking. Guys do not find drunken girls attractive; getting drunk will just make you look desperate.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for