Many brides and grooms during their wedding planning decide to incorporate heart-shaped balloon art into the decor of the reception or wedding itself. For simplistic decorations, couples can purchase and fill preformed, heart-shaped balloons, which commonly come in 6-, 11- and 12-inch varieties. They can also opt for purchasing traditional "260" balloons, sized at approximately 2 inches by 60 inches, to create the desired shape by inflating the balloon, tying both ends together and moulding the circle into a heart. For a multiple-balloon design, the couple can create an intricate heart structure.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Metal heart stand
- Spray paint
- 6-inch round balloons
- Helium tank
- Fabric banner (optional)
Determine what size heart metal stand will suit your needs the best while keeping the outlay of the venue in mind. Purchase the stand and enough balloons to accompany it. A heart stand measuring 5 feet by 3 feet, for example, may easily need over 100 balloons.
Spray paint the stand, if desired, using a colour that will blend in with your balloons--perhaps one of your wedding colours. If the stand comes unassembled, attach the heart and base.
Fill the round balloons using a helium tank, preferably within 12 hours of the ceremony. You can either blow up all the balloons at once, tying each end closed, or you can fill one balloon at a time, attaching it to the metal stand before moving on to filling the next. Tie each balloon to the heart-shaped metal stand, placing balloons close together at varying angles.
Attach a fabric wedding banner, if desired, listing a congratulatory message or simply the names of the bride and groom along with the date of the wedding.
Tips and warnings
- You can purchase a heart-shaped balloon sculpture kit, which contains a metal stand and the appropriate number of balloons needed in order to fill the accompanying stand.
- Because balloons can easily burst, consider purchasing extra to make sure you have enough to complete the heart sculpture.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for