In almost every dream wedding, there is a large, flower-draped arch. If you are designing your own and creating the floral arrangement is part of your plan, decorating the arch is easier than you would imagine. Whether you are using fresh flowers or silk, it's a matter of creating the right balance of floral, greens and ribbon. Use the flowers suggested here or choose your own in the colours of your wedding decor You can make the wedding arch that you've always imagined.
Set two hydrangeas and two large open roses to the side for later use. Cut all the ribbon in half except the wide, white wired one.
Hold one-half of the artificial grass, fern and ivy garland together.
Arrange one-half of the flowers in layers over the greenery. Extend the bouquet by 2 feet. Use wire to bind all the stems together and cover with floral tape.
Take the 1/4-inch ribbon and tie one piece around the top of the stem.
Tie one piece of the pink and green sheer ribbons above the 1/4-inch ribbon.
Wire together one strip of pink tulle netting in a large looped bow and one of the white tulle netting in a large looped bow. Attach them to the top of the stems over the other ribbons.
Repeat steps two through six to make a second identical bouquet.
Wire the garlands left on to the top of the arch, stems facing each other. Overlap them 6 to 8 inches.
Add the combined bouquets to the arch. Wire on the remaining hydrangeas and queen roses to the centre of the arch, covering the exposed stems.
Take the wide, white, wired ribbon and add it to the back of the arch. Set it behind the floral arrangement and weave it through, down both sides of the arch in graceful loops.
For an added touch, cover the arch with two strains of white lights before adding the arrangement. Be sure you have access to a power source.
Tips and warnings
- For an added touch, cover the arch with two strains of white lights before adding the arrangement. Be sure you have access to a power source.
Things you need
- 8 stems each grass and ferns
- 6 stems baby's breath
- 2 each ivy and wisteria garlands
- 2 stems purple delphiniums
- 1 stem white hydrangea
- 6 purple hydrangeas
- 8 stems pink open roses
- 2 stems large queen size white open roses
- 2 stems each peach blossoms and white prunus blossoms
- 4 stems each purple lilacs and stephanotis
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- Wire cutters
- Wedding arch
- 2 yards 1/4-inch-wide pink satin ribbon
- 1 2/3-yards each pink-and-white tulle netting
- 12 yards white wired ribbon
- 3 yards green sheer 7/8-inch-wide ribbon
- 2 yards pink sheer 7/8-inch-wide ribbon