How can you know if a guy really likes you? You think that he does but maybe it was just your imagination, or wishful thinking! If you pay attention, you can pick up clues as to how a guy feels about you. Everything from eye contact to how his friends act around you can be a hint to his true feelings. Read on to learn if he's really into you.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Keep an eye on his friends. If a guy is interested in you, it is a good bet that his friends know it. Pay attention to see if he is exchanging glances with his friends or if his friends are giving him a hard time or teasing him when they are around you.
Pay attention to eye contact. If a guy is interested, he'll typically try to catch your eye. He'll also try to maintain eye contact for a little longer than what is considered the social norm.
Take notice if he is trying to impress you. If he likes you, he's probably nervous and he may start talking about himself in an attempt to make himself look good to you.
Pay attention to touching. If he puts his hand on your arm or does not move away if your knees touch, these are all strong signs that he is into you.
Watch to see if he shows interest in the things that you like to do. If you talk about a band that you like and he starts dropping hints about going to their upcoming concert, he's trying to win you over.
Look out for signs that he is nervous. Fidgeting, looking quickly away, nervous laughter are all signs that he is attracted to you. He is probably nervous about making a good impression.
Tips and warnings
- If you think that a guy may be interested and you return his feelings, make sure to be yourself. Why start off a relationship acting as though you are someone you are not?
- If you think that a guy is interested and you return his feelings, look at him and make eye contact a lot. He will interpret this as you being interested and my give him the boost of confidence that he needs to approach you.
- If a guy isn't affectionate right away, don't be discouraged. He may be shy or worried about overstepping boundaries.
- Some guys find it very difficult to admit that they are interested. Remember that non verbal cues are much more important that what is being said. Even if he doesn't say so, if a guy acts like he likes you, he probably does.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for