Wedding planning is not an easy task. In fact, with all the items on your "to-do" list, the idea of making a gift for every person attending can be quite daunting. In order to keep things simple, here is a step-by-step guide to create personalised wedding favours that everyone will cherish and enjoy.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Blank CD's - Enough for each couple attending
- Personal computer with music burning capabilities
- CD Labels with desired label design
- Package of vellum CD sleeves
- Sticker or printable seal
- *Single hole punch
- *Optional Items
Make a list of the songs you would like to include on your CD. Try to create a theme among the music (ex. - love songs, friendship songs, wedding-themed songs).
Gather the music to create the CD - this can be from your own CD collection, the public library or song-sharing sites on the Internet.
Burn the CDs. This will take the longest amount of time so try to multi-task during this period. Suggestions would be to print out the labels as you wait for the CDs to burn or, if using ribbon as decoration, cut the ribbon to length while you wait.
Print out labels (if you already haven't) and stick them onto completed CDs. There are numerous kits available to use for this step, (ex. Avery, Verbatim, Maxell) which include a CD label applicator.
Slide labelled CDs into vellum sleeves.
Seal sleeves with another personalised label or attractive sticker. To make the disks look even more fancy, you can punch two holes at the top of the sleeve, run a ribbon through it and tie a small charm onto the CD. It looks very cute when completed!
How to Create Personalized CD's as Wedding Favors
Tips and warnings
- This project DOES cost money and it will range according to the number of guests attending. For example, a guest list of 300 will cost around £65 for the CDs, sleeves and labels.