When cleaning up a small gasoline spill, it's important to keep the area well-ventilated and to soak up the spill with kitty litter or corn starch. Discover how to use all-purpose flour to clean up gasoline spills with help from a professional house cleaner in this free video on gasoline cleaning tips.
Hi. I'm Rachel Yatuzis and I'm going to show you how to clean up small gasoline spills. It may be on concrete or the driveway. First of all you want to make sure that the area is well ventilated. Gas has really toxic, dangerous fumes. You don't want to be breathing that in. Actually before that even, you want to make sure there's no open flames or sparks around for obvious reasons. You don't want anything catching on fire. So just make sure the area is nice and safe. You just want to soak up the gas using kitty litter. If you don't have kitty litter, corn starch works well or flour. Like all purpose flour that you would bake with, it works well also. You just want to cover the spill with something that's absorbent that will be easy to sweep up. Because after you let that sit for about 20 minutes, you're going to grab your broom and a dust pan and sweep it up and disposes of it. Make sure; must likely you want to throw this away outside because it is going to have such a strong odor. And you want to throw it away where there's not going to be any chance of someone throwing something in the same trash can that maybe, will have a spark or something, burning embers or anything like that. You just want to make sure to keep this spill away from flames and away from fire. And that is it. I'm Rachel Yatuzis and that is how you clean up a small gasoline spill.
- How to Properly Load a Dishwasher
- How to Wash a Leather Jacket
- How to Remove Odors From a Garbage Disposal
- How to Dispose of Fluorescent Bulbs
- How to Remove Sweat Stains
- How to Use Baking Soda to Clean Jewelry
- How to Make Homemade Laminate Floor Cleaner
- What Is the Best Way to Clean Gold?
- How to Clean Swimming Goggles
- How to Clean Up a Small Gasoline Spill
- Removing Wax From Wood Floors
- How to Fix Scratches On Hardwood Floors
- How to Get Glue Off of Hardwood Floors