The average person experiences 1.2 cm (1/2 inch) of hair growth a month. If you're interested in increasing your hair growth rate or are combating hair loss, a variety of growth aids are available. One such aid is miconazole nitrate. Although there is no scientific evidence that MN in fact speeds hair growth, many people swear that it works. If you want to try this option, you simply need to buy a few ingredients, create your mixture and start using it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- miconazole nitrate
- Natural oil
- Essential oil
- Sealable container
Educate yourself about MN and its use as a hair growth aid. The compound was once a prescription drug, but it can now be bought over the counter. Ask your doctor before trying it.
Buy MN. MN can be found in anti-fungal medications such as Neosporin or certain yeast infection brands in 28 g (1 oz) packages or higher. However, for hair-growth purposes, products with MN percentages averaging one or two per cent are preferable. MN can be found at your nearby chemists or supermarket.
Buy additional ingredients. You'll need a natural oil such as extra virgin olive oil, castor oil, grape seed oil or jojoba oil, as well as an essential oil to add fragrance to the mixture. Pick an oil that you prefer such as lavender, rose, orange or lemon grass. Also buy a small bowl with a lid so you can store your mixture.
Mix the ingredients in a bowl. Squeeze the entire tube of MN into a bowl. Add one ounce of your natural oil and ten drops of your chosen essential oil. You can add more drops of the essential oil until you achieve a fragrance saturation that pleases you.
Apply your MN mix to your scalp. Section your hair, lightly apply the MN mixture and massage it into your scalp. Repeat one to two times a week. The MN mixture may make your hair oily, which will weigh it down. Counter this by washing your hair more frequently. Use a moisturising shampoo or conditioner.
Tips and warnings
- Add 1 tsp glycerine to your MN mix as a moisturiser.
- As noted above, there is no research to indicate that MN works as a growth aid. Users have in fact complained that MN use causes headaches and other problems. Some say it causes hair to grow uncontrollably fast, which can be bothersome. Also, MN should not be used by those who are pregnant or plan to get pregnant.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for