Many men strive for thicker beards on their face. A beard can be a simple appearance issue or, for some men, it can be a sign of masculinity. Though there is only so much you can do to change your hair's natural growth, there are a few things that every man can do to make their beard grow thicker and stronger.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dietary supplements (B-6, Folic Acid, Inositol)
- Granulated lecithin
- Calves liver
- Brewer's yeast
Take dietary supplements each day to promote hair growth. Take 2.5 mg of Biotin, 50 mg of B-6 and 50 mg of B-Complex. Increase protein in your diet by eating items like calves liver, brewer's yeast, wheat germ or granulated lecithin. Cut back on caffeine and nicotine in your daily diet since these are believed to stunt hair growth.
Eliminate stress as much as possible in your life. Try meditation and relaxation techniques once a day to reduce the amount of daily stress and promote overall growth.
Sleep at least 7 to 9 hours each night. Do not limit the amount of sleep you get. Sleep promotes hair growth faster for individuals that get 7 hours per night than for individuals that do not sleep at least 7 hours a night.
Take a hair growth supplement that promotes hair growth safely. Do not use hair growth creams on your beard since they are not FDA approved for facial hair.
Tips and warnings
- Commit to growing your beard. Growing a beard takes at least four weeks and you will have to deal with the patches of uneven growth as well as the itching feeling that you may feel on your face as your beard first starts to grow in.
- Do not shave your growing beard. Do not trim the growing beard or shape the beard during the growing process. Allow your beard to grow for the entire four weeks, if you can, so that the hairs on your face can meet at equal stages of growth.
- Start growing your beard during a vacation period or weekend so that you do not look sloppy for your work week.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for