There can be ethical reasons and unethical reasons for wanting to anonymously send e-mails and faxes and make phone calls. For example, you can send an anonymous e-mail if you are going to report incriminating information and don't want it to be tracked back to you. Or you may play a joke on a friend by calling anonymously. Such communications methods are also used in a fraudulent manner.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Find the number you want to call anonymously.
Dial *67 before you make the call. You will hear a beep or a pause, depending on your provider.
Dial the number without disconnecting the line.
Search for an anonymous e-mail site like anonymousspeech.com.
Make up an e-mail address to put in the sender's field.
Fill in the rest of the information form and send it as usual.
Tips and warnings
- You can make all your telephone calls anonymous by contacting your telephone service and having it block your phone number.
- You can use an Internet cafe or public Internet service to make your IP address anonymous too.
- You can only block your fax number if you are using a phone line to send faxes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for