An illuminated glass cake stand using votive candles is a beautiful way to decorate for a wedding cake. The cake is a central part of the wedding reception. The display for the cake must be decorative and memorable. The couple gets to be playful with each other by "helping" each other eat a piece of cake. They take beautiful pictures of themselves giving loving looks while cutting the cake. Using votive candles to light up the glass cake stand is an economical way to shine and save.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Square Cake:
- 9 square glass votive candle holders
- 2 square glass plates
- 9 votive candles
- Round Cake:
- 5 round glass votive candle holders
- 2 round glass plates
- 5 votive candles
Place one square glass plate on table.
Place nine lit votive candles in a square pattern on the plate.
Place nine square votive candle holders over lit candles upside down.
Place second square glass plate over square votive candle holders.
Place cake on top of square plate.
Place round glass plate on table.
Place five lit votive candle in a circle on glass plate.
Place five round votive candle holders over lit candles.
Place second round glass plate on top of round votive holders.
Place round cake on top plate.
Tips and warnings
- Light the candles just before the cake cutting part of the ceremony.
- Make sure the glass votive holders are tall enough to not touch the fire of the lit candle.
- Leaving the candles burning for too long could result in the glass votive holders getting hot and melting the icing on the cake.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for