Halloween has come a long way in modern culture from the Celtic celebration that spawned it. Scary costumes have given way to popular characters, and superhero costumes are in high demand when October rolls around. Deviate from the traditional path of Superman and Batman costumes and dress as an inexpensive yet sophisticated costume from the Fantastic Four. A little imagination and a trip to the nearest clothing store will have you whipping up a super costume in no time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Blue jumpsuit or bodysuit
- Black fabric
- Blue shirt (optional)
- Black trousers (optional)
- White posterboard or cardboard
- Black marker
- Safety pin
- Double-sided tape
- Black boots
- Black gloves
- Black belt
Locate or make a blue spandex jumpsuit or bodysuit. Each character except the Thing in the 2005 remake of the movie wears a dark blue bodysuit with black trim. Adding the black trim is optional, but if you have a talented crafter in the family, ask for help adding a thin strip of black fabric around the neck of the costume. If all that blue is too much for you, pair tight black trousers with a tight navy blue shirt instead.
Trace a circle onto a white piece of cardboard or poster board. Add a black ring around the edges with a marker and draw a number four in the centre of the circle. This is the symbol of the Fantastic Four team. Pin it on the left side -- your left when wearing the outfit -- of the costume or attach with a thick piece of double-sided tape.
Finish off the costume with black boots and gloves. Don a black belt to add another level of realism to the costume and give it a more superhero costume feel instead of leaving it as a plain spandex outfit.
Tips and warnings
- Guys can create the Thing costume with blue trousers, a black belt and no shirt. Black body paint will add the illusion of huge muscles to resemble the Thing's rocky body. If the weather's chilly, cover up with a skin-coloured shirt.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for