Wrap up a batch of your delicious homemade fudge in a container that is just as appealing to the recipient's eyes as the fudge will be to his taste buds. Use an inexpensive Chinese takeout container, found at any craft store and at most places that sell gift wrap, to wrap up the tasty treat to give to friends and family for Christmas, birthdays or any other special occasion.
Things you need
Chinese takeout container
2-inch-circle paper punch
1/8-inch hole punch
Lay the Chinese takeout container on its side on the wrong side of the wrapping paper. Trace the outline of that side. Roll the container to the left, keeping the right edge of the next side lined up with the left edge of the tracing. Trace the second side. Repeat this process for the remaining two sides of the container.
Cut out the whole tracing as one piece by cutting along the top line, bottom line and farther right and left lines. Wrap the piece of wrapping paper around the outside of the container, using double-sided tape along the edges of the four sides to adhere it.
Tear off two pieces of waxed paper long enough to go down one side of the container, across the bottom and up the other side. The length of waxed paper needed depends on the size of your container -- you can eyeball the length, it doesn't have to be exact. Push one piece of waxed paper down into the container going from the front to the back of the container. Push the other piece of waxed paper down going from left to right within the container.
Fill the Chinese takeout container with the homemade fudge, stacking it in a pyramid shape on the waxed paper already in the box. Close the top of the box.
Lift the handle of the Chinese takeout container. Tie an 8-inch length of 1/4-inch ribbon onto the handle in a bow.
Punch a circle from card stock using a 2-inch-circle paper punch. Punch a hole in the top of the circle with a 1/8-inch hole punch. Thread a 10-inch length of string through the hole in the circle. Tie the ends of the string together in a knot. Write whom the gift is from and who it is for on the tag in pen.
Wrap the knotted end of the loop of string around the handle of the box. Pull the tag through the loop of string, and pull it to tighten the gift tag on the handle.
- Transform a plain white Chinese takeout box into an attractive gift container without wrapping paper by drawing on the container with fine-tip permanent markers. Add scrapbook embellishments, such as rhinestones, stickers and chipboard shapes, to the outside of the container to further dress it up. Use the same gift-wrapping technique to package up other sweet treats, such as cookies and cupcakes.
Tips and Warnings
- Transform a plain white Chinese takeout box into an attractive gift container without wrapping paper by drawing on the container with fine-tip permanent markers.
- Add scrapbook embellishments, such as rhinestones, stickers and chipboard shapes, to the outside of the container to further dress it up.
- Use the same gift-wrapping technique to package up other sweet treats, such as cookies and cupcakes.
Things you need
- Chinese takeout container
- Wrapping paper
- Double-sided tape
- Waxed paper
- 1/4-inch ribbon
- Card stock
- 2-inch-circle paper punch
- 1/8-inch hole punch