You can create signposts -- from parking signs and street signs to hazard signs -- through signpost-generation websites. These sites provide Web-based sign-building tools that facilitate creation of signposts online without requiring you to download any software to your PC. These Web-based tools are designed to make the creation of signposts easy. They offer a wide variety of options, including the ability to create, print out and send custom signposts as ecards.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Web-based sign-building tool
- Colour printer
Visit sign-building websites, such as Street Sign Generator, My Parking Sign or St. Claire Inc. Sign Builder (see "References" below).
Open an account with a signpost-building website. Enter a user name and password in the registration area. Click "Log in" to activate your account.
Choose an appropriate template, depending on the type of signpost that you want to create.
Provide a sign header and a sign message in the text boxes provided. If you are creating a street sign, enter the street name or street suffix.
Click the "Build sign" or "Generate sign" button, depending on the web tool that you are using to create your signpost online.
Save the signpost to your PC. Right-click on the signpost image and select "Save picture as." Enter a name and the location to which you would like to save the file in the dialogue box that opens.
Print your signpost using a colour printer. Right-click on the image and select "Print."
Tips and warnings
- You may need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your PC when creating online signposts. Web-based signpost-building applications may generate PDF files to protect the signposts from losing their layout or formatting during printing or uploading.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for