Mascara is a beautification product most women refuse to be without. Medically, the eyelashes serve as protective shields from harmful, foreign particles that threaten the eyeballs. Beauty wise, eyelashes enhance the windows to the soul-your eyes-and and enhancing them is an absolute must for the final spin on any eye make-up routine. However, eyelashes do not require three to four coats of mascara to appear thick and full. You can thicken the eyelashes with the help of inexpensive oils or vitamins, and by discarding harmful eyelash products.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Facial Scrub
- 1 tbsp castor oil
- 2 bowls
- Mascara wand
- Cotton balls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Remove all existing cosmetic products from the face. Cleanse the face with your preferred facial cleanser by using your fingertips to scrub the skin in a circular motion. Rinse the skin with cool water, and pat dry with a towel.
Pour 1 tbsp castor oil into bowl. Dip an unused mascara wand into the castor oil, coating the entire wand brush. Apply the castor oil to eyelashes, using the mascara wand as you would traditional mascara. Allow the castor oil to soak on the eyelashes overnight. Rinse with cool water to remove the oil. Repeat this process once daily for four weeks for best results.
Dispense 1 tbsp olive oil into bowl. Dip 1 to 2 cotton balls in the olive oil and apply to eyelashes. Apply the olive oil by closing the eyes, and lightly dabbing cotton ball onto the eyelashes. Allow the olive oil to soak on the eyelashes for a minimum five minutes before rinsing with cool water. Olive oil contains nutrients that promote the growth production of eyelashes, resulting in thicker, fuller lashes. Repeat this process once daily for four weeks for best results.
Take a multivitamin. Consuming a multivitamin daily will promote steady hair growth by supplying the body with proper vitamins and nutrients. Although very tiny, eyelashes are hair follicles that must be supplied with adequate vitamins and nutrients to properly grow and mature. Consume your daily vitamin followed by an 236ml glass of water to maintain hydration.
Discard any eyelash curling mechanisms. "Eyelash curlers" are beauty products designed to curl the eyelashes for a more dramatic appearance. Product literature often assures people that the eyelashes will appear fuller and well-tamed without any harmful side effects. In actuality, these curlers damage the eyelashes by adding excess pressure on the hair follicle, causing the eyelash to break or be removed. A single eyelash can take as long as eight weeks to grow back. Throwing away harmful eyelash products will maintain your eyelashes' current health and prevent any future damage.
Thicken Those Lashes
Tips and warnings
- Do not be discouraged if immediate results do not occur. Eyelash thickening procedures may take time, but will produce results if applied daily for recommended time period. All ingredients can be purchased at your local supermarket.
- Always consult your primary physician before attempting to use any home remedy. Only a doctor can assess your current medical conditions and determine whether this remedy may be right for you. Avoid letting castor oil and olive oil seep into the eyes. Failure to do so may result in burning and eye irritation. Do not exceed the daily vitamin intake. Failure to do so may result in severe liver and cardiovascular damage.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for