How to fix wiry eyebrows
Some people have bushier, wirier eyebrows than others. This can be due to an excess of hormones called androgens, which make your hair production more masculine. Wiry eyebrows can also be a result of genetics, passed down by your parents. Either way, wiry hairs can be a bugbear when trying to tidy up your eyebrows.
They often stray in unintended directions, curl around or appear too long and thick. Luckily, there are ways to fix wiry eyebrows.
Brush the hairs downward with an eyebrow brush or your finger tips.
- Some people have bushier, wirier eyebrows than others.
- Either way, wiry hairs can be a bugbear when trying to tidy up your eyebrows.
Observe which hairs look too long compared to the intended shape of your brows.
Pluck the hairs that are too long with tweezers. Pluck in the direction of the hair growth as it will be less painful.
Apply a cool damp cloth to sooth the area if it feels sore or has become red.
Brush your eyebrows upward with an eyebrow brush or your finger tips.
Cut along your intended upper brow line with small sharp scissors. Pointed scissors are best at guiding through the hairs, but be very careful of your eyes. Do not use curved manicure scissors or your line may not turn out straight.
- Observe which hairs look too long compared to the intended shape of your brows.
- Pluck the hairs that are too long with tweezers.
Brush your eyebrows down in the same way. Cut along your intended bottom brow line. Brush your eyebrows in an outward direction to view the final result.
Smooth brow gel onto your brows in an outward direction to hold your eyebrows in place. Brow gel can be purchased from most beauty supply stores and can be used together with the plucking or trimming methods.
Brush eyebrow mascara in an outward direction to smooth the hairs into place. Eyebrow mascara is similar to eyelash mascara and is applied in the same sort of way. It is an alternative to brow gel and is usually used to tame hairy brows or fill in thin brows. Its fixing and colouring properties make for an altogether more shapely set of brows.
- Brush your eyebrows down in the same way.
- Smooth brow gel onto your brows in an outward direction to hold your eyebrows in place.
Use an eyebrow pencil to shape your eyebrows and provide clear definition. Plucking or trimming accidents can happen, in which you remove too many hairs or cut them too short. Hide any errors using an eyebrow pencil that matches the natural colour of your brows.
- Avoid shaving your eyebrows because stubble regrowth can be unsightly. Do not cut your eyebrows in chunks because bald patches may occur.