Eyebrows can become thin and sparse if they are tweezed too often and too much, the hair follicle can become weakened and prevent new hair from growing. Certain diseases, treatments like chemotherapy and medications may also lead to eyebrow hair loss. However, there are remedies and products that may help eyebrows grow back faster.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Rosemary essential oil
- Castor oil
- Small glass vial
Wash your face and make sure your eyebrows and the surrounding area is free of any make-up products. Pat your face and eyebrows dry.
Combine 1 tsp castor oil with 4 to 5 drops of rosemary essential oil. Place in a small glass vial and shake to mix the oils.
Rosemary is a well-known hair growth stimulant that is also used on the scalp to promote hair growth. It can be used anywhere on the body including the eyebrows to make them grow faster. It is important to dilute it slightly with a base oil (like castor oil) before applying to the skin.
Apply a drop of the rosemary/castor oil mixture to each eyebrow. Massage the oils into the eyebrow area for 30 to 60 seconds.
Leave the oils on your eyebrows overnight to allow them to be absorbed into your skin and into the hair follicles.
In the morning, wash the oil off with soap and warm water. Use this mixture for at least four weeks. It may take a couple of months before you have the desired hair growth. For some people, depending on their natural hair growth cycle, it may take less time.
Tips and warnings
- You can also try over-the-counter eyebrow growth stimulator formulas.These products tend to have chemicals in them so if you don't want to expose your skin to harsh chemicals, try the rosemary first.
- Do not tweeze, wax or shave your eyebrows while you are using the growth mixture. Trimming them will only deter hair growth further.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for