Though seldom worn, suspenders are still in vogue with some men and many ladies. Available in two varieties, buttoned and clip-on suspenders usually cost about the same as a belt and are just as simple to wear. Here are instructions for both buttoned and clip-on models.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Trousers (with suspender buttons for buttoned suspender models)
- Suspenders (clip or buttoned)
Place the trousers on a flat surface and find the small buttons on the inside of the waistband. There will be one pair in the center back and two pairs on the front inner band.
With the right side of the suspenders facing downward, attach the back strap of the suspenders to the buttons.
Bring the front straps up and over to the front buttons and attach.
Put on the trousers and pull up the suspenders, adjusting the metal sliders on each strap to alter the fit.
How to Put On Button Suspenders
Lay the trousers on a flat surface, with the waistband open.
Use a fingernail or fingertip to flip the clasp of the suspender open. Position the clip over the center back of the pant. With the right side of the suspenders facing downward, close the clip over the top of the waistband.
Grab the front straps and open the clips. Position these clips at the halfway point of the waistband fold and fly of the trouser. Secure the clasp.
Put on the trousers and suspenders, moving the metal sliders to adjust the fit.
How to Attach Clip-On Suspenders
Tips and warnings
- Good business dress etiquette dictates button suspenders for suits and formal occasions. Tailors will install suspender buttons, if necessary.
- Button suspenders are commonly made of silk, while clip-on models are produced with elastic strapping.
- If wearing suspenders, don't wear a belt. To wear both is redundant.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for