Experiencing a bad haircut is something no one is exempt from. Sometimes a stylist disregards your instructions and cuts your hair according to her own ideas. Other times, you might bring in a picture of a celebrity and ask your stylist to imitate a look, only to discover that what flatters one face does the complete opposite for you. Before allowing your emotions to get the better of you, take a deep breath and remember that hair grows back. In the meantime, there are some simple ways to cope and ensure your hair grows back as quickly as possible.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Allow your hair some time to recover. Hair goes into shock after a haircut and it takes a few days to relax. Even though you may be horrified by what you see in the mirror, you may find the style much more flattering after a few days. In the meantime, experiment with hair accessories and hats.
Develop a healthy hair care regimen that includes washing with a moisturising shampoo and conditioner. Regular trims should also be a part of this routine. Even though you are trying to grow your hair out, ignoring split ends usually results is having to cut off more hair than you care to in the long run.
Minimise your use of chemical products and heated hair appliances as much as possible. Dying, blow drying, and straightening your hair can cause excessive breakage and slow down overall growth.
Schedule an appointment for a hair extension consultation. If that time does not improve how you feel about your haircut, hire an experienced stylist to add extensions while you wait for your natural hair to grow out.
Tips and warnings
- Purchasing hair care products with protein helps nourish your hair from the inside out, and contributes to a higher level of hair health. If you opt to pay a hair professional for extensions, choose carefully. Hiring an inexperienced or unskilled stylist can result in further hair woes. Ask trusted friends and family members for referrals. If you do not have a personal referral, read online reviews to find a qualified professional.
- Beware of products that claim to accelerate hair growth; there are many out there. However, little research supports any claims that they can make hair grow faster.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for