How to identify lemurian crystals
Lemurian crystals are pieces of quartz. Reputed to possess mystical properties, they are said to come from ancient Lemuria. According to legend, Lemuria was an ancient civilisation on a lost continent somewhere in the South Pacific. The Lemurians were highly advanced and in touch with cosmic wisdom.
Though their land and civilisation sunk beneath the waves in a long ago catastrophe, the Lemurians left behind crystals as guides to future generations. Some modern day men and women believe Lemurian crystals can help them achieve knowledge, fulfilment and healing.
Note the external shape of the Lemurian crystal. Long in relation to its width, the crystal is often shaped like an obelisk. The Washington Monument in Washington, D.C. and Cleopatra’s Needle in New York City's Central Park are famous examples of actual obelisks. Lemurian crystals are usually somewhat rough around the edges and a bit uneven in form. Some may even be rounded at top and bottom, and more closely resemble simple stone age hand axes or blades, than obelisks.
- Lemurian crystals are pieces of quartz.
- The Lemurians were highly advanced and in touch with cosmic wisdom.
Observe the colouring of the Lemurian crystals. Lemurian crystals are rarely clear like glass. Some are frosted, or glow with a soft pink colour. A telltale sign of a Lemurian crystal is the presence of numerous, thin horizontal lines on one side of the crystal. These striations appear as lighter and darker bands inside the crystal. Imperfections frequently mar portions of the Lemurian crystal. They are not carefully polished pieces of quartz, such as are used in jewellery.
- Observe the colouring of the Lemurian crystals.
- A telltale sign of a Lemurian crystal is the presence of numerous, thin horizontal lines on one side of the crystal.
Examine the sides of the Lemurian crystal for unusual markings. Most bear hieroglyphic-like symbols incised in the crystal. The uneven surface of the crystal is further marked by crooked lines that gradually expand as they move toward the edge of the crystal. Some of these lines are curved, continuing outward toward the crystal’s edge. Many believe these lines represent the flow of energy inside the Lemurian crystal.
- Meditate with the Lemurian crystal by holding it in your right hand. Run your finger over the hieroglyphic markings. Clear your mind, and just wait for what comes. Allow your thoughts to flow naturally, and soon enough, you will understand whatever it is you need to know.
- Let the Lemurian crystal guide you as you meditate. Do not approach them with preconceived ideas of what the crystals will do. Most crystals are communicators, connecting humans with guardian spirits. Some Lemurian crystals; however, are healers, that help in overcoming physical problems.
Brian Adler has been writing articles on history, politics, religion, art, architecture and antiques since 2002. His writing has been published with Demand Studios, as well as in an online magazine. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in history from Columbia University.