How to Cover Your Vacuum Cleaner
Hemera Technologies/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images
A vacuum cleaner cover provides protection from dust and debris settling on the vacuum cleaner. Many homeowners and apartment dwellers do not have a spare closet to store a vacuum and look for a cute or clever way to disguise a vacuum standing in the corner of the room.
Vacuum cleaner covers range from plain covers to works of art to whimsical outfits. Choosing a vacuum cleaner cover depends on your personality and the existing room decor.
Place the vacuum cleaner in the spot you intend to store it. Choose a bare corner or other out-of-the-way area in a room to keep the vacuum cleaner from becoming a tripping hazard.
Select a commercially made or handmade vacuum cleaner cover that flows with your style. Commercially made and handmade vacuum cleaner covers are available in a range of colours and patterns or are available to resemble animals or people. Measure the height and width of the vacuum cleaner and choose a cover slightly larger than the vacuum's dimensions to ensure a good fit.
- A vacuum cleaner cover provides protection from dust and debris settling on the vacuum cleaner.
- Many homeowners and apartment dwellers do not have a spare closet to store a vacuum and look for a cute or clever way to disguise a vacuum standing in the corner of the room.
Slide the open end of the vacuum cleaner clover over the vacuum cleaner's handle. Pull the edges of the cover down toward the floor. Straighten out the wrinkles in the cover so the cover fits smoothly over the vacuum cleaner.
- "Heloise from A to Z Updated"; Heloise; 2004
- "The Everything Sewing Book"; Sandra Detrixhe; 2004
- Consider making your own vacuum cleaner cover if you are handy with a needle and thread.
- Choose a washable vacuum cleaner cover. If the cover becomes stained or dirty, you can wash it, rather than replace it.
- Do not attempt to operate the vacuum cleaner with the cover in place. The cover may get sucked into the vacuum and damage it.
Sal Marco began writing professionally in 2009. He has written many online home improvement articles based on his more than 20 years of experience in the home improvement and building industries. He has worked as both part of a team and as a site supervisor. Marco has a Bachelor of Science in management science from Kean University.