Cardiology is the study of the heart and its actions and diseases. It's a vastly important part of the medical field and the subject of many medical books. These publications are intended to educate the reader on issues ranging from the latest developments in the field of cardiology to prevention techniques that are designed to improve the cardiovascular health of the reader.
Cardiology Made Simple
"Clinical Cardiology Made Ridiculously Simple", by Michael A. Chizner, offers elaborate insight on the field of cardiology through well-written content and humour. It covers most of the major topics related to the field of cardiology, from noninvasive and invasive diagnostic tests, pharmacological treatments for cardiac diseases, and simple office procedures such as history taking and chest x-rays. The layman-friendly format makes it an excellent resource for those wishing to explore the field of cardiology.
Pathophysiology Heart Disease
Written by Leonard S. Lilly, "Pathophysiology of Heart Disease" examines issues relating to cardiology and cardiovascular disease such as pharmacology treatment options for acute coronary syndromes and the mechanisms of heart failure. The book offers a broad range of topics related to cardiology in plain language that is acceptable for both the everyday reader as well as for physicians or medical students.
High Yield Heart
According to a review by Dr. Charles Highway, "High Yield Heart" by Ronald W. Dudek is a "Cardiology for Dummies" type book that practically summarises the first two years of medical school within its pages. Topics covered range from radiology and gross anatomy to pathology and microbiology. Written in simple language that is excellent for both the day to day reader or medical student, "High Yield Heart" is designed to allow readers to learn the basics of cardiology in layman's terms.
Braunwald's Heart Disease
"Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine" features full coloured text and illustrations as well as extensive cross referencing to issues related to cardiology and cardiovascular health. The book contains practical information on preventive measures to ensure cardiac health as well as insights on the effects of obesity, cardiac toxins and diabetes. It also features new information on the latest advances in cardiac regeneration as well as topics related to the management of end-of-life issues.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Dr. Charles Highway Medical Student Lifestyle Blog: Best Cardiology Books
- Clinical Cardiology Made Ridiculously Simple; Michael A. Chizner, M.D.; January 2007
- Pathophysiology of Heart Disease; Leonard S. Lilly; January 2007
- High Yield Heart; Ronald W. Dudek, Ph.D. ; September 2009
- Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine; Peter Libby, M.D. , Robert O. Bonow,M.D., Douglas L. Mann, M.D. FACC, Douglas P. Zipes, M.D. ; October 2007