Royal Jelly is the gelatinous substance secreted by the glands of worker bees and fed to the queen bee to stimulate her growth and development. Royal jelly is rich in protein, vitamins B-1, B-2, B-6, C, E, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, inositol and folic acid. Royal Jelly can be taken as a supplement or used as a topical hair conditioner.
Other People Are Reading
Hair that is subjected to the abuse of harsh chemicals and styling tools will require more nutrients. A royal jelly conditioner rich in vitamins and minerals can provide the hair with hydration, eliminating dryness and opening the hair follicles to allow for absorption of its many nutrients. The proteins and amino acids rejuvenate the scalp and aid in the repair of damaged hair. Royal jelly can also be applied directly to the scalp and hair.
Taken As a Supplement
Royal jelly may be purchased in a freeze-dried form in capsules or tablets, or as a liquid. The vitamin content has been an object of numerous studies since the first research done in 1922 showed that royal jelly is extremely high in vitamins and nutrients. These vitamins, amino acids and minerals help nourish your hair while it is still growing in the follicle. Vitamin B-5, also called pantothenic acid, can also fight against premature grey hair.
Put a Halt to Hair Loss
The biotin in royal jelly helps produce keratin, the building block of hair and nails. Folic acid promotes healthy cell growth and skin regeneration, and with that comes hair regeneration or hair regrowth. Inositol is another vitamin considered vital for hair growth. Deficiencies in these three vitamins have been known to cause hair loss. Royal jelly in rich in all three, helping not only to grow hair but to prevent you from losing what you do have.
Healthier Body Equals Healthy Hair
Research published in "The Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture" showed royal jelly was found to have anti-inflammatory, hypertension, cholesterol-reducing and tumour-inhibiting properties. This makes royal jelly not only good for hair growth but for overall well-being.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Online Vitamins Guide: Royal jelly or gelee royale or RJ - Benefits and Side effects of Fresh and Pure Royal jelly
- Everything Hair: Vitamins and Minerals That Promote Hair Growth
- Hair Boutique: How Nutritional Supplements For Your Hair Can Make You Happier
- FAO Corporate Document Repository: Royal Jelly
- Health Guidance For Better Health: Vitamins and Hair Loss
- House of Nutrition: What is Royal Jelly