Night Furies are the elusive black dragons from the movie "How to Train Your Dragon." The main character's pet, Toothless, is a Night Fury. Making a Night Fury or Toothless plush toy can be a simple process for those that know how to sew, as long as you create a pattern. There's no need to know how to draw a pattern if you have a computer and printer handy.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Printout of a Night Fury from above (the image would look like you were looking down at the dragon from above while it is flying)
- Straight pins
- Black fabric
- Sewing machine
- Black thread
- Cotton or acrylic stuffing
- Large googly eyes
- Craft glue
Cut out the Night Fury from the paper printout.
Lay your fabric on your work surface and fold it in half.
Place the paper cutout on top of the folded fabric.
Pin the printout to both layers of fabric.
Using the printout like a stencil, cut the black fabric around the printout.
Unpin the fabric from the paper.
Place the fabric back together and pin the pieces together around the edges every few inches.
Sew the fabric around the edges with a small zigzag stitch, leaving the head area unsewn. You will now have a fabric pouch.
Turn the fabric pouch inside out.
Stuff the pouch with stuffing.
With a needle, sew the fabric on the head closed using a whip stitch. This will look like the dragon's mouth.
Glue two googly eyes to the head.
Tips and warnings
- To get the stuffing into small areas, try poking it in with a knitting needle or pencil.
- If this is a toy for a baby embroider eyes on the dragon instead of using googly eyes to avoid a choking hazard.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for