Naturally kinky hair allows for many different styles; an Afro is one example. A downside of the Afro is shrinkage, which can cause your hair to tangle and break off when combed. Fortunately, you can keep your Afro from shrinking if you follow simple instructions.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wide-tooth comb
- Rubber bands
- Spray bottle
- Leave-in conditioner
- Wide-tooth Afro pick
Section your hair into four to five big squares, using a wide-tooth comb.
Wrap a rubber band around each section.
Add water to your spray bottle. Spray each section of hair until damp.
Add a quarter-sized amount of leave-in conditioner to your hair.
Separate a section into two equal sections. Starting at the root with a slightly tight grip, twist the section by placing one section slightly over the other. Continue until you reach the tip of your hair.
Wet, condition and twist remaining sections.
Untwist each section and use your fingers to separate your hair.
Comb your hair out using an Afro pick, starting at the root and working your way to the tip. Perform these steps before going to bed to have a shrink-free Afro in the morning.
Tips and warnings
- Use your Afro pick to comb the tips of your hair first if you experiencing tangling.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil to your spray bottle to help your hair retain moisture.
- Use an alcohol-free oil sheen to add shine to your hair.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for