Add colour and scent to aroma beads for use in freshening the home, office and car. Aroma beads are small, transparent plastic beads that absorb the scent of essential oils for use in aromatherapy. Place them in organza bags, in mesh sachets, in jars and in bowls in areas that need air freshening. The warmth of the sun on a windowsill will trigger the release of the fragrance and waft to fill a room. Colour them with candle dyes to match the decor of a room, and fill decorative glass jars so the colours shine through.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring spoons
- Essential oil
- Lidded glass jar
- Liquid candle dye
- Metal spoon
- Aroma beads
Add one tablespoon of essential oil into a glass jar.
Place two drops of liquid candle dye, in your choice of colours, into the glass jar. Stir the candle dye and essential oil mixture using a metal spoon. Stir the mixture well.
Add four tablespoons of the aroma beads to the jar. Stir the beads, using the spoon, through the oil and dye mixture to cover the beads completely.
Place the lid on the glass jar and shake the jar well. Shake the jar a few times a day for about one week. The beads will take at least one week to absorb the oil. Open the lid and check often to see if the scent is to your liking. Full absorption time varies among essential oil scents. Fully absorbed beads are dry and do not bleed.
Place the aroma beads into an open jar or bowl and place it in areas that need freshening. Alternatively, pour the beads into a sachet bag for the car.
Tips and warnings
- Make small sachet favours for special events.
- Make several colours and layer them in a glass jar.
- Use therapeutic essential oils such as lavender, peppermint or eucalyptus for inhalation aromatherapy.
- Clear, unscented aroma beads are available in local and Internet aromatherapy stores.
- Liquid candle dyes are available in craft stores.
- Aroma beads melt, so do not burn them in potpourri burners or tart warmers.
- Place the beads up high to keep them away from children and pets.
- Do not use in wood or other porous surfaces to prevent staining.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for