Cubed cheese makes a tasty and attractive-looking appetizer at any party or get-together. It's also easy to use cubed cheese for cooking purposes. Although you can sometimes find cheese already cubed, it's usually more cost-effective if you buy the cheese still in block form and slice it into cubes yourself. To slice a block of cheese, it's best to use a sharp butcher knife that will slice through the cheese cleanly and evenly.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Cutting board
- Butcher knife
- Block of cheese
Place the block of cheese on its side on a cutting board.
Slice the cheese block in 1/2 inch slices for a small block of cheese and 1 inch slices for a larger block of cheese.
Turn the sliced cheese block so that the slices are stacked on top of each other.
Cut into the stacked slices of cheese lengthwise using the same size width you used to cut the original slices.
Turn and slice across the previous slices and the cheese will fall away into cubes.
Tips and warnings
- Stick toothpicks in each cheese cubes to make it easy for people to pick up.
- Semi-soft cheeses such as cheddar and American are best for cubing cheeses.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for