How to Crisp Baked Rolls & Bread
When you crave the delightful crisp crunch of bread crust with soft, warm bread inside, you can create this delicious meal accompaniment in only a few minutes. Just because you have baked bread or rolls and they are cool, you can still crisp baked rolls and bread in the oven to make them tempting and delicious.
Serve crispy bread and rolls to add texture and savoury taste to almost any meal.
- When you crave the delightful crisp crunch of bread crust with soft, warm bread inside, you can create this delicious meal accompaniment in only a few minutes.
- Serve crispy bread and rolls to add texture and savoury taste to almost any meal.
Preheat the oven to 177 degrees Celsius.
Place the unsliced bread or rolls onto an ungreased baking tray.
Cover the bread or rolls loosely with a sheet of aluminium foil. Tent the aluminium foil so it shields the bread from burning, yet allows oven heat to crisp the bread crust.
Bake the bread or rolls for between five and 10 minutes and then remove the baking tray from the oven.
Slice loaf bread with a serrated bread knife and place the bread in a bread basket lined with a cloth napkin. Place rolls directly into the basket without slicing.
Serve the bread immediately.
- "The Bakers Dozen"; Arlene Wright-Correll; 2007
- "The Baking Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask"; Lauren Chattman; 2009
- King Arthur Flour: Our Artisan Breads
Kathryn Hatter is a veteran home-school educator, as well as an accomplished gardener, quilter, crocheter, cook, decorator and digital graphics creator. As a regular contributor to Natural News, many of Hatter's Internet publications focus on natural health and parenting. Hatter has also had publication on home improvement websites such as Redbeacon.