Shower gel is an alternative to bar soap. It is a thick, sudsy liquid that comes in a variety of scents. Commercial shower gels may contain harsh chemicals, and making your own gel at home can allow you avoid them. What's more, you can make organic shower gel out of entirely all-natural ingredients. The ingredients, usually botanicals, are grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilisers.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1/2 cup organic shampoo
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 8 drops organic essential oil, your choice of fragrance
- Mason jar
Pour half a cup of organic shampoo into a blender. Organic shampoo is available at most health food stores.
Add a quarter cup of cold water, three-quarters tsp of organic table salt and eight drops of organic essential oils in your choice of fragrance. Turn the blender on until the mixture incorporates. If it is too thick, add up to another half cup of water until it reaches the consistency you want.
Pour the mixture into a mason jar and keep it in your shower. Use a nickel-sized dollop when you bathe.
Tips and warnings
- You can replace the regular water with organic rose water for a more floral scent.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for