The high-waisted skirt is a look straight from the 1940s. To make this look work, pick a few vintage-style accessories to pair with your skirt and a few of your more modern clothing items or accessories. As you look for high-waisted skirts, try them on in the fitting room before buying. You want to make sure the length is correct for you, especially if you're petite.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Cap-sleeve top
- Colourful blouses
- Hip-length belted jacket
- Wedge heels
Wear a high-waisted skirt together with a cap-sleeve top or a T-shirt for a more casual, weekend look. Tuck the top or T-shirt into the waist of the skirt. Pair colourful blouses with the high-waisted skirt. Add more visual interest with a vest. If the vest has ties in the back, tie them so your vest follows your torso more closely.
Slip into a hip-length belted jacket over a top and the skirt. When you wear a high-waisted skirt, you are emphasising your body's curves. Button, then belt the jacket so your outfit enhances your appearance. Slip into a pair of wedge heels. Choosing dressier separates makes this outfit suitable for the work environment.
Add leggings to your high-waisted skirt, a T-shirt and a pair of flats with sparkly accents. This look is more casual and suitable for school.
Create an ensemble with your high-waisted skirt, a top or blouse and a belted jacket. Add boots to complete your ensemble for the winter months.
Tips and warnings
- As you look for items of clothing and accessories to wear, don't be afraid to go bright. If the high-waisted skirt is black, find a brightly coloured top or round-toed pumps to add to the outfit.
- Be comfortable with your look when you wear a high-waisted skirt. Give yourself time to get used to the look of this ensemble -- wear it at home a few times before you venture out of the house.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for