Sweet boat-shaped ribbon leaves are an excellent, quirky addition to a floral craft project. Whether you're making flowers out of ribbon or adorning pre-made silk flowers, these ribbon leaves bring personality to your arrangement. You can also use this design to create flower petals. Although satin ribbon works best for this project, wire ribbon is also useful for petals that hold their shape.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 4-inch piece of 1/4 inch ribbon
- Matching thread
Place your ribbon horizontally on your work surface, with the wrong side of the ribbon facing up. Hold the middle of the ribbon down and fold the right side at a right angle, and then do the same with the left side to create an arrow shape.
Turn the two ends inward so the wrong sides are facing each other and stitch them together. This makes your leaf three dimensional by forming it into a small boat shape.
Secure the leaf under any blossom or design by stitching through the bottom, pinched portion of the leaf. For further reinforcement, place the base of the leaf between the blossom and a button and stitch through the button holes.
Tips and warnings
- Use a longer piece of ribbon if your project calls for larger leaves.
- Use wider ribbon to create a fuller effect.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for