Whether going to a renaissance ball, to a costume party or a wedding, a head wreath will add beauty to your look. Although they are usually worn during weddings by flower girls and bridesmaids, head wreaths can be worn for any occasion. Head wreaths may be floral, beaded or adorned with ribbons and sequins.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Thick wire
- Thin wire
- Florist tape
- Duct tape
- Glue gun
- Wire cutters and scissors
- Silk flowers
- Plastic or silk butterflies
Decide on a theme, and then start collecting the materials you'll need. For example, use silk flowers and ribbons for a romantic feel. For a playful look, use colourful flowers, beads, ribbons and bells. Fashion your wreath after a fairy and use flowers and butterflies for an air of magic.
Measure your head circumference with thick wire. Cut it, form a circle and secure the ends with duct tape. Cover the wire with florist tape. This will be your base wire. If you are using a hanger as your thick wire, remove the hook of the hanger. Twist the spiral part of the hanger until the sides separate. Link the hangers with duct tape if one hanger cannot fit your head circumference.
Lay out your design. Make sure that the materials that will be put on the head wreath are balanced on all sides of the circle.
Anchor your accessories onto the base wire. If you're using flowers, use the wire stem attached to wrap them on the base wire. However, if you're using plastic flowers, glue the thin wire to the stem near the petals and continue wrapping the wire to the base wire. If you're using beads, insert thin wire into the bead's holes. Threads, ribbons and yarns can be tied to the base wire.
Tips and warnings
- Any thin wire will do. Thin florist wire can also be used for easy manipulation.
- Make an adjustable head wreath by adding ribbon to both ends of the wire. This way, you can easily adjust the head wreath without compromising its design.
- Adding beads and glitter to some of the petals of the flowers can add drama to your wreath.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for