Girls of all ages love fairy tales and everything that comes along with them. If you're a Cinderella fan, you would certainly love the idea of having a glass slipper. Create your own glass slipper at home for decoration or to use as a centrepiece. This is a great idea if you're throwing a theme party or even having a fairy tale wedding. Create glass slippers to give as gifts or party favours.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Choose a shoe with a heel for your craft project. Make sure it's a shoe that you won't want to wear again in the future.
Spray paint the shoe in your colour of choice and let it dry overnight. Make sure to let it set for at least 24 hours to ensure that it's fully dried before proceeding with the project.
Attach glass beads to the shoe using durable glue. Make sure that the shoe is fully covered and that there isn't any fabric or spray paint showing through the glass beads. This means that the beads most likely won't be perfectly in order on the shoe, but that won't affect the look in a negative way. Actually, having the beads placed in a non-uniform manner means that you'll be able to fit more beads on the shoe. If you're going to add anything else to your slipper, make sure that the glue dries completely before proceeding. Add glass beads to the inner part of the shoe as well, unless you'll be incorporating flowers into the design.
Tips and warnings
- You can spruce up your glass slipper by adding flowers. This will make for a great floral centrepiece. In order to do this, cut foam to fit inside the shoe and arrange either fresh or fake flowers by sticking them into the foam. Use enough flowers so that the foam doesn't show. You may want to use a few flowers that stay close to the base or drape flowers over the shoe in order to cover up the foam. Make sure to glue the foam base into the shoe, particularly if you'll be bringing this craft somewhere else.
- Use spraypaint outdoors or in a studio that has a lot of ventilation. If you use spraypaint inside your home or in an enclosed space, you run the risk of breathing in harmful fumes. It's a good idea to wear a face mask when spraypainting.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for