The Vidal Sassoon company is named after its founder, who rose to fame as a British hairstylist in the 1960s. This company makes multiple hair styling products, including the hot air styler. This particular product is both a dryer and a curling device. The Vidal Sassoon 1 hot air styler has a 2.5 cm (1 inch) barrel that has flexible bristles that grip your hair without pulling or tangling it. You can lock the barrel, or unlock it so that it will turn as you move it through your hair.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Wash your hair before styling it, if necessary. You can use the hot air styler on damp or dry hair. If your hair is extremely wet, towel dry it before using the hot air styler to reduce the amount of time needed to dry it using the styler.
Separate a section of hair that is about 2.5 cm (1 inch) in diameter. Comb the section to remove any tangles.
Place the bristled barrel near the scalp on the section of hair and pull it gently through your hair as you dry it. Keep the barrel unlocked so that it can rotate as you pull it through the section of hair. Repeat this with additional sections of hair to dry them. This can create a loose curl in your hair.
Press the lock button on the side of the styler if you wish to create tighter curls.
Position the styler at the ends of a 2.5 cm (1 inch) section of hair and roll the styler toward your scalp. You can roll upward or downward, depending on which direction you want your curls to go. Hold the styler in place once you've rolled it toward your scalp for 15 to 30 seconds to allow the curl to set.
Press the unlock button on the side of the styler to release the hair as you gently pull the styler downward.
Repeat steps 4 to 6 for the rest of your hair to continue creating tighter curls.
Tips and warnings
- Adjust the setting according to the thickness of your hair. The thicker your hair is, the higher setting you will need.
- Apply mousse or styling gel to your hair before using the hot air styler to help hold the curl. You also can use a hairspray or spritz when you are finished to hold your look.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for