From time to time, a homeowner may need to hang an electrical device on the ceiling or up on the wall. This can give a wall, even a whole room, an unsightly appearance or cause it to look cluttered. The solution rests in your creativity. You have several options available to you on hiding electrical wires on walls.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Paint brush
- Wire staples
- Wire staple gun
- Duct raceway
- Plant or lamp
Camouflage the wire. If the wire is running up the corner of the wall, flush with either side, it should be easy to mask by painting it the same colour as the wall. The same idea will work if the wire is running horizontally along the baseboard. Take a paint brush, dip it in the paint and use small strokes up and down the wire until it is painted entirely. Use wire staples to keep the wire from bulging up.
Use some sort of duct raceway. A duct raceway is generally a three- or four-sided sheathe made of plastic, PVC or aluminium. Often used to hide cable TV lines, duct raceways come equipped with accessories such as ends and corners, according to the Cable Organizer website. Another type of raceway is the Picket Fence baseboard. Fasten it to the wall with the staple gun.
Put a plant or decoration in front of the wire. Many homes have large plants, often fake ones, in the corner of their most prominent rooms. Other times, homes may have tall lamps positioned in the corners. No matter the ornament, behind them you'll often find necessary wires hidden from view. Before going to the store to purchase something, check around the house, in all your rooms. You may already have something creative to put in the corner.
Blend it in
Tips and warnings
- If you need to hide a TV cord, simply coil the wire behind the television set. Of course, the outlet will have to be in close proximity. Tucking a cord or wire inside a wall is an electrical code violation.
- Be careful not to puncture an electrical wire with a staple gun. Doing so may cause a short circuit and could start a fire.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for