The witch is a Halloween favourite, even if she is an evil green-faced ghoul. The easiest way to recreate a scary witch face using face paint is to purchase a witch make-up kit from your local costume store, but you can easily create your own spooky witch design by browsing witch photographs and taking elements that appeal to your inner witch and adding them to the design. By adding your own touches of spooky fun, you can create a truly scary witch perfect for any Halloween event.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Green face paint
- Wide make-up brush
- Clean brush
- Foundation brush
- Make-up sponges
- Yellow face paint
- Dark purple or charcoal make-up or face paint
- Black mascara
- Green lipstick
- Black lip liner
- Lipstick brush
Use a wide brush to apply a layer of green face paint over your entire face, including your lips, jawbone and any areas of the neck that will be exposed.
Use a clean brush to blend the green paint over the face, which will fill any large creases and also gives the paint a buffed out sheer look that looks like a more natural green skin tone.
Use a foundation brush to fill in any pink areas around the eyes, nostrils and inside the ears. Don't forget to fill in the hairline as well.
Use a make-up sponge and dab yellow face paint or yellow powder over the areas of your face that highlights will naturally appear, along the cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, the tops of the temples and the top of your chin.
With a clean foundation brush, apply dark purple or charcoal make-up powder or face paint along the natural shadowed areas of your face, under the brows, under the cheekbones and along the nose. Brush on a layer of colour just along the temples, but do not make it as dark as the cheekbones. Remember with this look, you are trying to recreate the gaunt and bony look of an evil witch.
Blend the layers slightly with a make-up sponge.
With a fine or angled make-up brush, apply a layer of black make-up or face paint along the upper and lower eyelids. With the same brush and colour, fill in your eyebrows. Try to keep the design in a triangle shape to capture the malicious look of a plotting evil witch.
Apply a layer of black mascara to your eyelashes to finish the eyes. You can also add false lashes to bring the focus to your evil eyes.
Fill in your lips with green lipstick. Line the lips with a black lip liner and blend the colours together with a lipstick brush.
Tips and warnings
- Add additional details with black face paint. You may want to wrinkles along the forehead or under the cheekbones, crow's feet along the outer edges of your eyes, and deep frown lines along the corners of your mouth. You can also colour your lips with grey paint and add white or dark grey wrinkles to make your witch face older looking.
- Apply liquid latex and wool to create the illusion of a bulbous nose and pointy chin. You can also purchase skin effects and attach the traditional warty bump to any part of your face paint.
- Always test your make-up and face paint on your wrist before applying it to your entire face. This will tell you first, if you are allergic to the product and secondly, how well the product spreads and blends on your skin before you commit to covering your face.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for