Properly setting up a turntable is crucial for getting optimum sound and performance. Rega turntables come with pre-installed cartridges, making it quick and painless for you to get the most out of your turntable right out of the box.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Place the platter and mat on the subplatter.
Twist the balance or counterweight on the back of the tonearm as far forward as possible. This automatically sets the tonearm to 1.5g of tracking weight, so the stylus floats approximately 1mm off the record.
Dial the bias slider to 2.
Install the dustcover by snapping it in place.
Plug in the power cord.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure to mount the turntable on a level, rigid surface. A shelf screwed to a wall, for example, is ideal.
- You may need to make further adjustments to the bias slider. You can test the bias by lowering the tonearm down in the middle of playing a record and then bringing it up again: the stylus should drop into the same groove and play the same part of the song. If it plays a later part of the song, you have too little bias; if it plays an earlier part of the song, you have too much.
- If you install a cartridge other than the one pre-installed by Rega, be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and specifications.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for