Excel will convert an e-mail address into a click-able link. Sometimes, it's necessary to copy that e-mail address into Lotus Notes (or another e-mail program) to add it to your contacts.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Excel 1995 or later
- Lotus Notes 8.0 or later
Open Excel. Select the email address you want to transfer.
Press "Ctrl-C" to copy the email address.
Open Lotus Notes. Click on the menu item for "File" and select "New Contact." In the dialogue window that opens up, select the field labelled "email address" and press "Ctrl-V" to paste the email address in.
Open the Excel workbook with the list of e-mail addresses you want to import.
Click on the "Office" button in Excel, and select "Save As" from the menu item.
Choose Comma Separated Values (*.csv) from the file format drop down on the menu that appears. Click the button that says "Save."
Open Lotus Notes. Click on the "File" menu item, and select "Import."
Select "Browse" from the menu. In the dialogue box that appears, select the CSV file you created earlier. Select "Open" from the dialogue box.
Tips and warnings
- Lotus Notes will merge imported contacts with your existing contacts, rather than overwrite them.
- In earlier versions of Lotus Notes, you may need to save the Excel data as a WKS (Lotus 1-2-3 Worksheet) file.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for